Ayam Brand Baked Beans are a ready-to-eat staple, and the easiest way to enjoy them is to simply open the pull tab and dig in with a clean spoon. While we usually associate baked beans with an English breakfast complete with eggs, sausage, and toast, it is versatile and works with many different cuisines. Ayam Brand has developed numerous recipes to showcase baked beans paired with bread, pasta, potatoes and rice as breakfast, lunch, snack time and dinner.
Breakfast: Kacang Pool with Buttered Toast
Up your breakfast game with Kacang Pool, a Johor delicacy. The traditional method of preparation is time-consuming as it involves soaking and boiling the beans. Use Ayam Brand Baked Beans and your kacang pool can be ready in 15 minutes or less. Here’s how:
- Mash the baked beans and tomato sauce with the back of a fork aiming for a chunky texture.
- In a pan, heat up some ghee and add one diced red onion, and minced meat or chicken stirring until fragrant. Top with cili padi and curry powder before adding the mashed baked beans and mix it well.
- Serve with a sunny side up egg, half a lime and a sprinkling of cili padi. Dip buttered toast into this hearty gravy and enjoy!
Dinner: Baked Beans Sardine Curry with Rice
Dinner is the main meal for many of us, so make it hearty and well-balanced with this baked beans sardine curry with rice.
- Firstly, fry the eggplants and then set them aside. Next fry some chilli, garlic and ginger until fragrant before adding curry powder.
- Lightly mash the sardines and stir it into the curry mixture. Add carrot and baked beans. Simmer on medium heat until the carrots are cooked.
- Next, add coconut milk and stir to thicken the sauce. Add the cooked eggplant and stir gently for an even mix. Serve piping with white rice.
Find all these recipes and more at www.ayambrand.com.my .