All ten Johor assemblymen took their oaths of office at the Balai Mengadap in Istana Bukit Serene after being appointed to the state executive council.
The ceremony was held in front of the Johor Ruler, His Majesty Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar. The appointments were also witnessed by Tunku Mahkota Johor Tunku Ismail Ibrahim and Tunku Temenggong Johor Tunku Idris Iskandar Ibrahim.
Datuk Onn Hafiz Ghazi, the recently sworn-in Johor Menteri Besar, was also in attendance before making the announcement of respective portfolios for each assemblyman. He was made the Chairman of the Johor State Land Revenue, Administration, Finance, Planning and Rural Economic Development Committee
Here are the Johor executive council members:
- Dato’ Zahari Sarip, (Buloh Kasap), Chairman of the Agriculture, Agro-based Industry and Rural Development Committee.
- Datuk Mohd Jafni MD Shukor, (Bukit Permai), Chairman of Housing and Local Government committee.
- Raven Kumar Krishnasamy, (Tenggaroh), Chairman of Tourism, Environment, Heritage and Culture committee.
- Hajah Khairin Nisa Ismail, (Serom), Chairman of Women, Family and Community Development committee.
- Mohd Hairi Mad Shah, (Larkin), Chairman of Youth, Sports, Entrepreneur Development, Cooperatives and Human Resources committee.
- Mohd Fared Khalid, (Semerah), Chairman of Islamic Religious Affairs.
- Ling Tian Soon, (Yong Peng), Chairman of Health and Unity.
- Lee Ting Han, (Paloh), Chairman of Investment, Trade and Consumer.
- Ir. Ts. Mohammad Fazli Mohamad Salleh, (Bukit Pasir), Chairman of Public Works, Transport and Infrastructure Committee.
- Norliza Noh, (Johor Lama), Chairman of Information and Communication Education Committee.
These 10 new members were sworn in to form the state government for the new term following Barisan Nasional’s victory in the Johor state polls on 12th March.
“These members and I will work tirelessly to carry out all of the pledges made by the Barisan Nasional (BN) during the recent Johor State Election campaign. Johor BN’s five Ikhtiar, namely Economic Development, People’s Well-Being, Johor Youth, Integrity Administration, and Political Reform, would undoubtedly be implemented and become Johor’s objectives in the future,” said Onn Hafiz to the media at Johor Menteri Besar’s Official Home in Saujana.
“The focus of this new government will be on the notion of ‘Bangsa Johor,’ in which we aim to ensure that all Johorians, regardless of religion, race, or background, are equally involved in the development of this state we treasure. The state government’s goal and attention will be on people’s welfare, economy, education, and health,” he added.
Onn Hafiz, was sworn in as the 19th Johor Menteri Besar on 15th March, one week after the State Election that took place on 12th March.