Kulim – A2 Fresh JV Appointed to Manage Jemaluang Dairy Valley Project

The company will develop and manage the 275-hectare dairy farm in Mersing, Johor

Back row (standing from left) – Raven Kumar a/l Krishnasamy, Chairman of the Johor State Tourism, Environment, Heritage and Culture, Datuk Onn Hafiz Ghazi, Menteri Besar Johor, Dato’ Baidzawi Che Mat, CEO of ECERDC. Front row (seated from left) – Johan Nasir Yeo, CEO of A2FHSB, Dato’ Haji Mohammed Ridha Dato’ Haji Abd. Kadir, Deputy State Secretary (Development) of Johor State Economic Planning Division, Tan Sri Dato’ Dr. Haji Azmi Rohani, State Secretary of Johor, Mohd Faris Adli Shukery, Director of KULIM, Muhammad Khairi Ramli, CEO of JDVSB

The East Coast Economic Region Development Council (ECERDC) has chosen Jemaluang Dairy Valley Sdn Bhd (JDVSB), a joint venture between Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad (KULIM) and A2 Fresh Holdings Sdn Bhd (A2FHSB), to build, run, and oversee a 275-hectare dairy farm in Jemaluang, Mersing, Johor.

JDVSB will make the most of KULIM and A2FHSB’s strengths to create a dairy project of the greatest caliber and sustainability, safety, and quality. KULIM is the Johor Corporation’s (JCorp) agricultural division, while A2FHSB is a division of Rhone Ma Holdings Bhd, a company that offers comprehensive animal health solutions. KULIM will own 65% of JDVSB, making it the largest shareholder, and A2FHSB will own the remaining 35%.

“We are excited to have been appointed by ECERDC to bring our vision for a high-quality dairy project in Jemaluang to life,” said KULIM Director Mohd Faris Adli Shukery.  “With our combined expertise and resources, we are confident that JDVSB will be a success and make a positive contribution to the local community and the agriculture sector.”

Dr Lim Ban Keong, Director of A2FHSB said, “We are delighted to partner with KULIM to create a dairy project that will produce high-quality, nutritious dairy products for Malaysians. We look forward to developing a sustainable, innovative and customer-centric business that delivers long-term value to all stakeholders.”

JDVSB aims to annually produce 5.4 million litres of fresh milk, leading to a 10% increase in the national production of fresh milk over three years. This advancement is expected to lessen the country’s dependence on imported fresh milk.