In conjunction of HM the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar’s birthday, the Rapid Transit System (RTS) station project in Bukit Chagar that will link Johor Bahru to Woodlands in Singapore will be launched. Here are the 5 things that we’d like to share about it:
1) It will be virtually launched on 22nd November 2020 due to CMCO.
2) His Majesty was briefed by Chief Executive Officer Datuk Mohd Zarif Hashim of Malaysia Rapid Transit System Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp) at the Mados office in Istana Bukit Pelangi, Johor Bahru, on the project on Monday, 9th November 2020.
3) Datuk Mohd Zarif updated His Majesty on the RTS project at the meeting following its inclusion in the Federal Budget for 2021, which was recently tabled.
4) After its official launch, the work on site is expected to begin at the final week of November 2020.
5) His Majesty has agreed with the organisation of a competition by MRT Corp Malaysia to obtain the public’s input and ideas on the design of the station’s building facade.
Johor Land and Mines Director, Dato ‘Mohammed Ridha Abd Kadir, and Johor Bahru City Council (MBJB) Mayor, Dato’ Adib Azhari Daud, were also present at the said meeting.