- Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cucumber sliced and salted with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice, Japanese, round or basmati for a twist
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds roasted 2 minutes
- 1 nori sheet
- 1 can Ayam Brand Saba Mackerel in Mayonnaise
- Mix well together the fish stock, the vinegar, the water, the light soya sauce and the sugar in a small mixing
- Stir until the sugar melted completely.
- Then pour it into the rice and mix. The sushi rice is ready.
- Place a nori sheet on the rolling bamboo mat and scoop some rice on one side of the nori.
- Place strips of cucumber and saba lengthwise. Add on some thin slices of onion and sesame seeds.
- Roll up using the mat and damp the edge of the nori sheet with a bit of water so that it seals completely.
- Transfer our roll now on a chopping board and cut the rolls into 2cm thick slices. Serve with soy sauce and wasabi