We love the jacket potatoes at steakhouses and fancy restaurants, but we don’t love the prices! Instead, make your own jacket potatoes at home. It’s surprisingly easy to prepare, although they do take some time to bake.
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 1 hour, Serves: 4 pax
200g baby potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 can Ayam Brand Baked Beans 425g
1. Heat oven to 180°C. Prick the baby potatoes with a fork, coat them with olive oil, and then toss them with salt.
2. Next, arrange the baby potatoes on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for approximately 40 minutes. Then, allow the baby potatoes to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Cut a tiny cross into the top of each and slightly pinch the bases to open a little. Now, top with a teaspoon of Ayam Brand Baked Beans on each potato, a little chilli flakes and a sprinkling of spring onions.
4. To add tanginess, you can squeeze some lemon juice on top and serve immediately.
5. Replacing chilli flakes with ground black pepper is a fantastic alternative as it reduces heat/spiciness.
Happy trying and tell us how yours turned out!