Malaysians love authentic traditional foods but some of us, millennials, Gen Zs and Gen Alphas were not schooled in making these heritage dishes. With Deepavali literally just days away, wow your friends and families with Ayam Brand Pastes that come in four variants -Ayam Brand Chicken Curry Paste, Ayam Brand Sambal Tumis Paste, Ayam Brand Asam Pedas Paste and Ayam Brand Rendang Paste.
Guaranteed authentic tasting and fool-proof as long as you follow the instructions on the pack and watch the stove!
Chicken curry is beloved by all Malaysians and a staple during Deepavali that goes well with thosai, idli or biryani rice.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add a pack of Ayam Brand Chicken Curry Paste and 600 grams of chicken. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, add two peeled and diced potatoes and 120ml of water. Stir well, cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stir occasionally or until chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Finally, stir in Ayam Brand 200 ml Coconut Milk and return to boil.
- Serve hot with thosai, rice or rotis.
Prep time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 30 minutes, serve: 5-6 pax
** For larger quantities, simply double the ingredients.
Prawn Sambal Tumis
No Deepavali is complete with something tasty and spicy! Ayam Brand makes it super convenient with its Ayam Brand Sambal Tumis Paste that is rich with onions, chillies, shrimp paste, candlenut, dried shrimp, and curry leaves.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add one finely sliced onion and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Then, add a pack of Ayam Brand Sambal Tumis Paste, stir and bring to boil.
- Finally, add 500 grams of prawns and stir until the prawns are cooked.
- Serve hot with rice.
Prep time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 10 minutes, serve: 5-6 pax
Try these easy, convenient and authentic local pastes from Ayam Brand to indulge in the Malaysian culinary experience in a fraction of time!
Happy cooking and Happy Deepavali!