The Minister of Health Malaysia, Khairy Jamaluddin has launched the Malaysia Healthcare Travel Industry Blueprint 2021- 2025. Championed by the Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC), it is an industry-driven Blueprint to guide industry stakeholders in providing the best Malaysia healthcare travel experience by 2025. The launch was also attended by Secretary-General, Ministry of Health Malaysia, Dato’ Mohd Shafiq bin Abdullah, and Director-General, Ministry of Health Malaysia, Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.
The Blueprint aims to enhance the current healthcare travel ecosystem, strengthen the Malaysia Healthcare brand, and expand the introduction of Malaysia’s healthcare offerings to more targeted markets.
Speaking during the launch, Khairy Jamaluddin stressed that, “For every plan and aspiration articulated today, we must bear in mind that the end goal is to build a sustainable future for the healthcare system. Just as how a collective effort is currently taken to transition Malaysia into the endemic phase, an all-of-industry effort is equally needed to execute this Blueprint with excellence. l urge for better cross-border healthcare collaborations and encourage nations to cooperate more efficiently for a more sustainable healthcare delivery globally”.
Key strategies of the Blueprint include:
- Improving the quality of medical care
- Digitising the patient journey
- Continuing efforts to be a world-leading destination that provides affordable medical offerings to healthcare travellers, and
- Elevating Malaysia’s offerings in hospitality alongside its position as a safe and trusted destination for both medical and leisure offerings.
The Malaysian Healthcare Travel Corporation (MHTC) is the organisation in charge of fostering Malaysia’s healthcare travel business. The Council works with private-sector leaders in sectors such as health, wellness, hospitality, tourism, and transportation.
The Malaysia Healthcare Travel Industry Blueprint 2021-2025 is a useful roadmap for the industry’s recovery as it transitions towards endemicity, based on public-private partnerships that have proven to be successful in supporting Malaysia Healthcare’s growth thus far. Malaysia Healthcare’s long-term success will be demonstrated by empowered industry players who are committed to the Blueprint and thrive in their respective positions.
The Malaysia Healthcare Travel Industry Blueprint 2021-2025 will be implemented in two main phases, with the healthcare travel experience being the primary focus:
- Recovery Phase (2021-2022):- to reinforce awareness of Malaysia Healthcare’s world-class quality offerings and enhance the patient experience through digitalisation efforts;
- Rebuild Phase (2023-2025):- industry players to collectively work together to amplify awareness on Malaysia Healthcare’s niche offerings such as the Fertility Hub of Asia, the Cardiology Hub of Asia, and the Cancer Care Centre of Excellence.
MHTC is also establishing the Flagship Medical Tourism Hospital Programme to further strengthen Malaysia’s stance as a leading healthcare destination, as well as developing Malaysia as a destination for Retirement Living.
For detailed information about the Malaysia Healthcare Travel Industry Blueprint 2021-2025, please download a copy via MHTC’s website: https://www.mhtc.org.my/malaysia-healthcare travel-industry-blueprint/.