The COVID-19 outbreak has certainly affected the people and the economy of the country. In these challenging times, the hospital put their shoulder to the wheel to do their part for the community. They are not only a healthcare service provider, but they are also a company that voluntarily commits to a good cause. The intention behind corporate social responsibility is to bring light and renewable energy to the community.
In this coronavirus pandemic, the hospital took the opportunity to organise numerous charity activities to help those in need. Among the activities organised were charity bazaar and blood donation drive where it raised funds and helped toward the nonprofitable homes and foundations during the lockdown period. The proceeds collected from the charity bazaar was donated mainly to 3 homes namely an old folks’ home, orphanage home and a less fortunate home. The hospital also supported on the essential items to more homes through the collections received from doctors and staff. The good cause did not end there as the hospital continued to contribute RM10,000 to help cancer patients through the Tunku Laksamana Johor Cancer Foundation. Apart from contributing to homes, the hospital assisted Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Johor by donating syringe pumps during the crisis. A drive-thru bubur lambuk distribution was also organised to facilitate the local community to pick-up the porridge during the Movement Control Order (MCO). The hospital received overwhelming response from all the efforts made.
The following are some of the charity initiatives carried out by the hospital during this global public health emergency:
- On 26th March 2020, syringe pumps were donated to Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Johor.
- Donation of essential items to Yayasan Kebajikan Suria JB (25th April 2020).
- Donation of essential items to Rumah Perlindungan Fitrah Qaseh (27th April 2020).
- Donation of essential items to Pertubuhan Pusat Jagaan Kebajikan Kesayangan Abadi (15th May 2020).
- Donation of RM10,000 to Tunku Laksamana Johor Cancer Foundation (15th June 2020).
- Donation from charity bazaar funds collected to Rumah Anak Yatim Shafar, Rumah Sri Kenangan and Pertubuhan Kebajikan Insan Istimewa on 18th and 19th of June 2020.
“The hospital will increase its charitable giving commitments does not only reflect what they can do right now but also how they will continue their support throughout the years to come” said the Regional General Manager, Rahani Yaacob.
For further information, please contact Columbia Asia Hospital – Tebrau at + 60 (7) 272 9999.