Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas, nestled in lush tropical gardens on golden Malaysian shores, offers visitors an experience unlike any other. With so much to do and see in Desaru, Johor, Malaysia’s most populous state and a growing economic power player – the resort is a hub for relaxation for travellers who are looking to rejuvenate themselves.
Desaru Coast recently recognised as one of TIME Magazine’s World’s Greatest Places of 2021 provides the perfect escape for the discerning traveller whether it is a leisure trip, a golf getaway or simply for those in need of an adventure or some time to unwind. When choosing to stay at Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas, guests have the advantage of spending all their time at the hotel – knowing that every detail will be taken care of or they can explore outside hotel premises to immerse in the local experiences. Some of the experiences guests can look forward to are:
- Hit the Beach– Make the most of Desaru’s golden sands with fun on the beach. The resort takes pride in having direct access to the beach from most rooms. Guests are invited to join a group yoga session or book a private lesson on the beach or in their villa or residence. Guests can also enjoy a friendly or competitive game of beach volleyball or soccer or explore across the seas with non-motorized water sports. Sail into the horizon on a paddleboard or kayak at their own pace and enjoy unobstructed views of the best sunsets Malaysia has to offer. When the wind is up, guests can take on a little wind or kite surfing across azure waves.
- Fruits, fruits and more fruits!– Check out Desaru Fruit Farm, the “Best Agro-Tourism site” in Malaysia. The journey starts with a guided farm tour of the 180 acres of natural tropical fruit land, then visit the agricultural gallery, fishpond, and vegetable and herb garden. Children may also visit the petting zoo and may engage in an educational talk about bees and the opportunity to taste local raw honey. If partaking in this day tour breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included.
- Stay fit in Desaru – Anantara Desaru Coast & Villas has created running and cycling maps for guests to explore spectacular nature around Desaru and Johor. Scan the QR code on their phone and they can get started on the journey to discovery.
- Be in touch with nature – With such a privileged location as its home, Anantara
Desaru takes pride in its pristine waters, wildlife and flowers that speak to the beauty of nature. Anantara Desaru now offers guests guided nature walks led by its in-house naturalist, Nur Wahyu Ramadah, and hopes to inspire a love for Mother Nature in kids and adults alike through its new program. Those staying with Anantara Desaru can meet at the lobby to go for morning walks with Wahyu every Monday and Friday morning from 8.30 am to 9.30 a.m. and every Saturday and Sunday from 8.45 to 9.45 am. In addition to nature walks, guests of Anantara Desaru can also enjoy the Belungkor Mangroves Eco tour, where the resort’s naturalist will guide visitors into learning more about the traditions and superstitions of local fisherman, plant mangrove samplings and tasting local fare and Kampung Linting Village.
- Nourish in Desaru– Guests can nourish and rejuvenate with creative and inspired culinary indulgences at Anantara Desaru with freshly caught seafood and international flavours. Indulge in local and regional specialities, refresh with sundowners and Champagne served up with stunning ocean views.