Creamy Beef Spaghetti Carbonara
Carbonara works best with beef bacon, but you can use thinly sliced or minced beef. OG Italian carbonara uses only eggs for the sauce but this is a less eggy, more creamy variation. Choose a long pasta for carbonara for a satisfying slurp-iness as the creamy sauce coats the pasta fully.
Alce Nero’s bronze-drawn Organic Spaghetti Tricolore is a perfect pairing for the carbonara as it holds the sauce well, and the pretty green and orange pasta strands contain spinach and tomato for more fibre.
- First, heat the olive oil and butter, add garlic and stir it for about a minute before adding the beef, parsley and half black pepper. In another pot, boil the Organic Spaghetti Tricolore (save the water).
- Then, lightly beat the eggs, cheese and cream. Remove the fried beef from the pan.
- Reduce heat to low, and add some pasta water to deglaze the pan for a delicious sauce. Quickly add in the al dente spaghetti and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Next, stream in the egg mixture and stir vigorously. Add a quarter cup of pasta water for a silkier sauce. Toss the fried beef into the steamy, creamy spaghetti carbonara. Mix well.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with some reserved fried beef and fresh parsley, a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of carbonara sauce.
Note: The eggs and beef provide sufficient protein for a balanced meal. Add a garden salad as a side.
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time 12 minutes, serves 5 pax.